Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Girls Camp

I think I mentioned that Bethany is one of the most enthusiastic Beehives that you will ever meet.  It is so pleasant to have a child who is excited to go to her church activities.  Yea!  Needless to say, she was greatly looking forward to going to her first year of girls camp.  The theme this year was "Stand in Holy Places".  Who wouldn't love a camp decorated with high-heeled shoes?

Look at our ward's cute young women. They have such a good time together - except when there is drama, or course. :) The beehives all shared the same tent and mostly loved it.  Towards the end, though, there were a few hurt feelings.  (Imagine that, with Bethany involved.)  When Bethany was describing the trouble, Chad just rolled his eyes and said, "Thank goodness I'm not a girl."
The girls went to the beautiful Tres Ritos Campgrounds.  Bethany said it was very cold at night. Probably she should have gone after our trip to the south so that she could appreciate the chill.
 I don't even know what's going on here, but it sure does look fun.
 I don't think we ever did anything like this when I went to girls camp.  It looks tricky!
A little group dancing!
 Bethany could craft for hours. Do the boys do these kind of things at their camps?
Thanks to all the young women's leaders who worked so hard to make this a week Bethany will always remember.

No comments:

Contributors

Followers