Well, it has been a long and very busy semester and as you can tell, my blogging has seriously suffered as a result. My anatomy class was a lot of fun but also a ton of work. I was in the same lecture class as my friend Kellie and it was awesome. We both pulled off "A"'s. And as Kellie said, we showed those young whippersnappers how it's done. But between memorizing hundreds of bones, muscles and epithelial slides and running the La Cueva baseball concessions stands, I'm plumb tuckered out. I told myself that as soon as my anatomy class and Chad's baseball season were over, I would totally catch up. Well, the time has finally come and now catching up seems just totally overwhelming. But, I think I'll just do a post a week until I'm back on schedule. Hopefully I will not forget any seriously major events that have occurred in the Smith family this spring. :) So, thank you big Amber for taking pictures of youth activities. These are my proof positive that my cranky teenage boys do occasionally go to Young Mens. Stinkers! I am happy to report that Sam talked them into attending high adventure this year, so I'm sure that will be a subject of a future post. And also, drum roll please...Bethany is now twelve years old and officially a beehive. And not just a beehive but an extremely enthusiastic beehive. She's even a church choir attending beehive. Who knew that could happen to any Smith child? I'm almost more surprised about that than I was at the baseball banquet to find out that Chad made all-district academic. Ha!
So here are a bunch of cute La Cueva ward kids plus a couple of Chad's friends from school at the La Cueva Potato car derby. How fun is this?Even Aaron looks like he's getting into the whole thing. Of course this was before he felt that he had to spend every free moment with his girlfriend Carissa. Perhaps we should get Carissa to go to mutual with him. That would certainly solve a problem or two.
Here are three of my favorite boys in the whole world - Chad and his friends Justin and Chris. Chad also got these cuties and some of his other friends to come to the young men's basketball tournaments. Most of them quit basketball for baseball many moons ago but I must say that they still held their own quite respectably.
It doesn't look like Chad's car won.
And I'm not sure what potato car disaster was occurring here.
Chad & Kendra cutting a rug at the swing dancing activity.
Aaron and Ellie seeing if they can do better than Chad & Kendra.
He doesn't look like dancing is too painful, does he? He even went to prom of his own volition this year. (More on that subject in next week's post).
Twirl, baby, twirl!
Aaron apologizing to Kendra for the fact that Chad stepped all over her feet. No, just kidding. I think everybody just switched partners. I was out of town at a funeral (more on that in a future post, also) so I didn't get to see this activity. Luckily, Amber also took some video. Good times!












1 comment:
Still cracks me up when I read about myself being 'big Amber' :) I really did take pictures that dance night just for you - I knew you would love proof that your boys participated. Congrats on those "A's" I know you and Kellie studied your brains out so you could be the hated ones in the class with the best grades. :)
Post a Comment